Number of posts : 698
Location : Washington State
Favorite BB House Guest : Dan
Registration date : 2008-08-24
|Subject: The Amazing Race last episode Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:23 am|| |
Leg 11 (Russia → United States)
The Pittock Mansion was the Finish Line for this season of The Amazing Race.
* Flight: Moscow (Sheremetyevo International Airport) to Portland, Oregon, USA Flag of the United States (Portland International Airport)
* Newberg (Tilikum Retreat Center) >Detour (High & Dry and Low & Wet)<
* Cascade Locks (Bridge of the Gods)
* Portland (Portland Building)
* Portland (Russian Food Cart on Alder Street)
* Portland (Voodoo Doughnut)
* Portland (Pittock Mansion) >Pit Stop (Leg Finish Line)< (Finish Line)
In this Detour, teams chose from either High & Dry or Low & Wet. In High & Dry, teams had to climb up a tree to a certain height where they had to balance themselves on a log which they moved to the end of to jump and each grab a half of their next clue. In Low & Wet, teams had to make their way on foot on logs floating on the river, a distance of 800 feet and retrieve the clue from an island.
* Teams took a zipline from the Bridge of the Gods to a nearby island below.
* At the island near the Bridge of the Gods, teams then did a memory challenge involving the previous ten legs. Each space in a board had either a Roadblock, Detour, Route Info, or Pit Stop symbol. They had to search through 150 identical clue boxes for a picture related to the symbol and corresponding leg. A green light on top of the space indicated that the picture was correct one.
* Teams then drove to downtown Portland where they had to find a green dinosaur near the Portland Building. A clue sent them to a food stand representing the location of their last pit stop, Russia. The vendor gave them a clue directing them to the doughnut store with another clue leading to the Finish Line.
1st place - Nick and Starr
2nd place - Ken and Tina
3rd place - Dan and AndrewThe Pittock Mansion was the Finish Line for this season of The Amazing Race.