By Christopher Rocchio, 06/24/2009
Fox has revealed the identities of the 16 culinary contestants competing on Hell's Kitchen's sixth season, which will premiere with a special two-hour episode on Tuesday, July 21 at 8PM ET/PT.
Beginning July 28, Hell's Kitchen's sixth season will settle into its regular Tuesdays 8-9PM ET/PT time period.
Similar to its first five editions, the sixth-season cast will have to both work and live together as they try to impress foul-mouthed British chef Gordon Ramsay via various challenges and dinner services.
Hell's Kitchen's sixth season will begin with the 16 contestants being asked to create their signature dishes -- however unlike past seasons, the challenge will become a team endeavor pitting the men against the women.
In addition, one of the contestants will also go "head-to-head" with Ramsay, leading to the "most explosive, most outrageous and most intense elimination round ever seen" on the show, according to Fox.
The eventual sixth-season winner will receive the head chef position at Araxi Restaurant in British Columbia, Canada -- which was established in 1981 at the base of the Whistler ski resort. In addition, the winner will also join executive chef James Walt at the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver.
The 16 contestants competing on Hell's Kitchen's sixth season are:
The Red Team
- Amanda, a 27-year-old sous chef from Vancouver, WA who currently resides in New York, NY
- Ariel, a 27-year-old sous chef from Santa Cruz, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Lovely, a 23-year-old children's camp executive chef from Chicago, IL
- Melinda, a 38-year-old private chef from Chad Fords, PA who currently resides in Philadelphia, PA
- Sabrina, a 34-year-old restaurant manager from New Caney, TX who currently resides in Phoenix, AZ
- Suzanne, a 24-year-old sous chef from Milwaukee, WI who currently resides in Las Vegas, NV
- Tek, a 27-year-old line cook from Greenwich, CT who currently resides in New York, NY
- Tennille, a 28-year-old executive chef from Hampton Roads, VA who currently resides in Fairfax, VA
The Blue Team
- Andy, a 39-year-old executive chef from Seattle, WA who currently resides in Boston, MA
- Dave, a 32-year-old executive chef from Chester, NJ who currently resides in San Diego, CA
- Jim, a 34-year-old sous chef from Mendham, NJ who currently resides in Nashua, NH
- Joseph, a 27-year-old sous chef from Massapequa Park, NY
- Kevin, a 35-year-old executive chef from Plymouth, MA who currently resides in Middleton, CT
- Louie, a 45-year-old diner owner from Fitchburg, MA
- Tony, a 30-year-old culinary store manager from Chicago, IL
- Van, a 26-year-old fish cook from Buford, GA who currently resides in Dallas, TX
This story can be found at http://ow.ly/fSAM