Live Feed Updates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Keep You Updated About Everything Big Brother 24/7!

Dancing with the Stars Homeco10HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesMac RadioRegisterLog in

Dancing with the Stars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
peeps
LFU Addict
LFU Addict
peeps

Number of posts : 698
Favorite BB House Guest : Dan
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Dancing with the Stars Empty
PostSubject: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Julianne Hough -- Way More Than a Stomach Ache

Posted Oct 27th 2008 2:57PM by TMZ Staff

Julianne HoughTMZ has learned Julianne Hough will announce tomorrow the ailment that sent her to the emergency room last week was more than a stomach ache -- it's an ovarian cyst.

We're told she will have surgery to remove the cyst and that she'll have her appendix taken out at the same time (unrelated to the cyst).

No word on when the surgery will take place or if Julianne will remain on the show this season.

UPDATE: Julianne's official site now says: "Julianne Hough, Mercury Nashville recording artist and two time 'Dancing with the Stars' champion has been diagnosed with Endometriosis and will be undergoing minor surgery to remove her appendix. Hough experienced mild stomach pains last week and was taken to Cedars Sinai medical center. After consulting with her doctor, this course of treatment was recommended. Hough will address the surgery on Monday night's 'Dancing with the Stars' where she'll perform with celebrity partner Cody Linley.

Endometriosis is the development of uterine-lining tissue outside the uterus on the surfaces of organs in the pelvis or abdomen where they are not supposed to grow. It is a common medical condition found in 5-10% of women of reproductive age around the world."
Back to top Go down
peeps
LFU Addict
LFU Addict
peeps

PostSubject: Dancing with the Stars' Week 6 Recap   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Dancing with the Stars' Week 6 Recap
By Tracy Phillips
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:36:16 GMT
Between the mounting injuries and the dissension among the judges, the dance floor was a battle ground Monday night.

Two of the frontrunners suffered blows this week. Brooke Burke has been nursing a tendon strain in her foot—and was kicked out of the top spot for the first time since the competition started.

Julianne Hough revealed that she is having surgery Tuesday to remove her appendix. Cody Linley will be partnered with Edyta Sliwinska, who was eliminated in Week 1 with Jeffrey Ross, until Julianne recovers…which she said should be next week.

And has Cloris finally gotten her comeuppance? Read on for more on another night of uneven performances.

Cloris and Corky: "vintage" Cha Cha Cha: 15
After weeks of grading Cloris on a curve, the judges finally said what viewers have been ranting about all along: "We lost Toni Braxton for this?" said Carrie Ann, while Bruno exclaimed: “You’re the only person in the world to sell such nonsense—and people buy it!” Guest judge Michael Flatley was more polite because his father made him promise not to say a bad word about her, and in a judges’ first, he gave props to Corky for his talent and patience with her.

Maurice and Cheryl’s Viennese Waltz: 21
An “elegant” waltz that was “a beautiful dance all in all” to Flatley was quickly dismissed as “lacking chemistry” by Carrie Ann and looking like a “surfer on dry land” to Bruno. I think they should have at least given Maurice an extra point for shaving his moustache.

Susan and Tony’s Mambo: 23
Carrie Ann’s stupid trick of pretending she’s going to be mean and then screaming "HOLLA!" is getting really annoying. Especially when she’s wrong. She told Susan she "broke the box, sister." Really? Sure there was some age-inappropriate shimmying, crawling and clawing, but despite La Lucci’s determination in the studio, I saw the same frightened doe on the dance floor making tight movements. Flatley said she was "intoxicating," proving that he is just being really gracious with everyone tonight. At least Bruno accurately pointed out that Susan’s timing was off throughout the routine.

Cody and Julianne’s Samba: 23
First, Julianne didn’t look like someone who was ailing; her and Cody’s routine was “the most intense Samba” Carrie Ann had ever seen. Oddly, Bruno thought they got it “completely wrong,” saying the moves were more paso doble. It still looked pretty good, all things considering. Then it was on to another awkward moment with Samantha Harris backstage! She put poor Cody on the spot about his partner switch, to which he adorably fumbled, "Uh, I'm sad that I'm not going to be with Julianne...but I'm happy that I'm with Edyta."

Warren and Kym’s Rumba: 25
Kym’s description of the storyline for her and Warren’s Rumba was the best part: “I love you, but I’m mad at you, you get back at me, then I’m like no, yes, no, ok, you’re quite pathetic, but I love you anyway.” Flatley said it was entertaining but he would have liked more dancing to it. Bruno commended Warren’s ability to get into character no matter the dance, but both he and Carrie Ann caught Warren’s mistake mid-routine. Not as big a mistake as Kym’s Paris Hilton hair extensions though.

Brooke and Derek’s Rumba: 26
As I’ve said many times, I hate the Rumba. The dancers usually fail when they get this one. I think it should be permanently dumped from the show for any one of last week’s four new dances. Anyway, Brooke paid a price for those 10s for last week’s jitterbug—she hurt her foot doing it. So this week’s routine was gentle and fluid, with a lot of arched poses and sweeping arms, and Brooke in her white flow-y gown looked angelic. Flatley certainly fell for it—he gave her an overgenerous 10! Bruno and Carrie Ann felt very differently: two 8’s.

Lance and Lacey's Jive: 27
From worst to first! After last week’s fall, Lance and Lacey were in the Bottom Two with Cloris and Corky. This week they "came out smokin" and blew Brooke right off of her first-place perch. Jives always score high on the show, but even Len would have liked it. P.S. Carrie Ann said she doesn’t know where Len is, so Bergeron reminded us all, "He’s not DEAD!"

It was probably for the best that Len not witness the group hip-hop performance. What a hot mess. Cloris came out swingin' to "It Takes Two" with rapper poses and gold teeth. There were sideways baseball caps everywhere. I couldn't keep track of most of it, but Susan stuck out the worst, while Cloris strangely fit right in. But Lance Bass wins the biggest laughs for his hilarious long-haired mullet.

Tomorrow night, “Lord of the Dance” Michael Flatley comes out from behind the judges table to “set the floor on fire.” Bergeron says there really will be fire. For God’s sake, I hope they keep the “stars” away from it. Enough with the casualties!
Back to top Go down
peeps
LFU Addict
LFU Addict
peeps

PostSubject: Cloris Leachman voted off `Dancing with the Stars'   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:03 am

Cloris Leachman voted off `Dancing with the Stars'

LOS ANGELES — Cloris Leachman's silly antics are over on "Dancing with the Stars." The outspoken actress and her professional partner, Corky Ballas, were eliminated Tuesday from ABC's popular dancing competition.

The pair received the judges' lowest score — 15 out of 30 — for their cha-cha routine Monday. After viewer votes were combined with the judges' scores, the competition's oldest — and most spontaneous — performer was sent home.

"I'm not leaving," the 82-year-old Oscar-winning actress declared before she was dismissed.

"I'm afraid you are," host Tom Bergeron responded.

In recent weeks, the judges had been gunning for Leachman, who consistently received low scores but remained in the competition thanks to viewer votes. Carrie Ann Inaba told Leachman after her cha-cha Monday that she was sad singer Toni Braxton was eliminated last week instead of Leachman. The funnywoman seemed to let the comment roll off her back.

"I know you didn't mean what you said, and I love you," she told Inaba before she departed.

Julianne Hough was missing from the dance floor Tuesday. The 20-year-old professional dancer and country music singer who's partnered with actor Cody Linley, had surgery Tuesday to remove her appendix. Linley will be paired with professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska, who was previously partnered with comedian Jeffrey Ross, while Hough recuperates.

"Her operation went as planned," Linley said on the show. "She's at home and resting."

Other celebrities remaining in the competition include TV personality Brooke Burke, singer Lance Bass, former NFL star Warren Sapp, Olympian Maurice Greene and actress Susan Lucci.

Braxton, Ross, chef Rocco DiSpirito, reality TV star Kim Kardashian and actor Ted McGinley were previously dismissed. Olympian Misty May-Treanor dropped out of the competition after rupturing her tendon during a rehearsal.
Back to top Go down
peeps
LFU Addict
LFU Addict
peeps

PostSubject: Julianne Hough on Her Diagnosis   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 am

Julianne Hough on Her Diagnosis
By Tracy Phillips
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:57:38 GMT

"Dancing with the Stars" cutie Julianne Hough was missing from the ballroom Tuesday night because she was diagnosed with endometriosis and needed to have her appendix removed.

Her partner Cody Linley told viewers during the Results show that Julianne's "operation went as planned and she's at home resting comfortably."

Julianne wrote on her blog at Fancast.com to update fans on her condition:

Well, as of yesterday, the news is out there. Here's the latest. Later today I’m meeting with my doctor, getting the rundown of the procedure. He’s going to go through everything about the surgery. I’m not worried. I'm feeling good.

Actually what happened is last week was more than just a tummy ache. Obviously. It turned out I ruptured a cyst that was on my ovary. I didn’t’ know but I have endometriosis. I’ve apparently had it for a long time because I’ve had this pain for about the last five years. It hasn’t been as bad. Up till last week, I let it go and I was always too busy to get it checked out. But because it happened when I was on set, they made me go to the doctor.

They want to clean out the cysts and take out my appendix, too, because later on it can be affected by the cysts. Endometriosis is a common thing for women. I was like “thanks mom for giving me my great life – and endometriosis.” I said that jokingly. My sister who has five children is going in for the same surgery in a couple weeks.

They’re doing it laparoscopically through my belly button so I won’t have a scar. My mom had it done a few years ago and she doesn’t have a scar. With my mom and my sister having endometriosis, you can see genetics plays a big part. I guess my brother Derek is the only sibling in the family who doesn’t have to worry about having his ovaries checked.

They say its three or four days of recovery. I’m thinking more like a week. Then I'll be able to work with Cody. But I won’t be dancing for two weeks.

It’s kind of been a weird couple days for the Houghs. My dad was playing father-son lacrosse on Saturday and was running down the field, stubbed his toe, fell down, broke his collar bone in two places and separated his shoulder. He was going to be with me for my surgery but he’s going in for his own today.

As for last night’s performance, I didn’t feel that great, obviously. I toughed my way through it. I guess I have a strong threshold for pain. I wanted to do my best for Cody. He’s awesome and he deserves to go all the way in the competition. I didn’t want my problems to get in his way. So I went out and did my best. I don’t think I put myself at any risk by dancing. My doctor’s wife was a jazz dancer, so he was familiar with dancer’s crazy determination to dance through pain. He said it was ok. I asked if I could do the surgery after the show was over, but he said that was too long. They wanted to do surgery last Friday, but I said I wanted to do the dance on Monday for Cody. Edyta will be great. She’s a great girl and a terrific dancer. I want people to still vote for Cody and know I’ll be back.

A few people have written in to this blog about wanting a Hough vs. Hough final, and I think that would be great fun. I hope it happens! Brooke has been a frontrunner from the beginning, and I think Cody has shown what this show is about. We’ll see.

I didn’t get Bruno at all last night. I was pissed at him. Think about it. That song was a strong sexy song, not the kind of song Bruno said it was. I think Carrie Ann was right. I think Cody has improved so much. I was really proud of him. But in the confessional, I had to watch what I said about the judges, well, what I said about Bruno.

All night long I got really nice, loving messages from all the dancers. Everyone has been very supportive.

As for the next week or so, my mom is going to take good care of me. She’s been with me for almost a month. Something seems to happen every week where I need her to stay. She’s been awesome.

I’ll try to blog again next week.

Talk to you later,

Julianne
Back to top Go down
brenty
LFU Offical Poster
LFU Offical Poster
brenty

Number of posts : 142
Favorite BB House Guest : BB11 this week - Jeff
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:25 am

This year of DWTS has really been plagued with a lot of injuries/illness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars
Page 1 of 1