Live Feed Updates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Keep You Updated About Everything Big Brother 24/7!

'People Need to Help Each Other Homeco10HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesMac RadioRegisterLog in

'People Need to Help Each Other

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
peeps
LFU Addict
LFU Addict
peeps

Number of posts : 698
Favorite BB House Guest : Dan
Registration date : 2008-08-24

'People Need to Help Each Other Empty
PostSubject: 'People Need to Help Each Other   'People Need to Help Each Other Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Foreclosure 'Angel' Saves Woman's Home

(Oct. 27) -- A tearful Tracy Orr went to a Dallas auction to watch her foreclosed home get sold off to the highest bidder. But by the time the auction was over, she was looking forward to moving back in.
How did her fortunes change so dramatically? The credit belongs to Marilyn Mock, an auction attendee who was spurred into action by Orr's heartbreak. Mock bid on the home, even though she had never laid eyes on it, and when she won it, she said she'd let Orr move back in.[/color]

I'm still in shock," an emotional Orr told CNN on Monday.
Mock got the property for under $30,000. Why did she come to Orr's rescue?
"People need to help each other and that's all there is to it," she told WFAA-TV, which has the full story. You can see a video version via AOL Video.
Bloggers are extolling Mock's generosity. "It is so wonderful to see such random acts of kindness in these times of crisis and 'emotional foreclosures,'" says The Liberal Chronicles.
Little Pink Clubhouse wonders at the randomness, too: "Sometimes, one entertains angels unaware."
Orr is just one of many thousands of people who have lost their homes in foreclosure. More than 240,000 homes went into foreclosure from July through September alone. The Associated Press looks at the ongoing crisis and explains why the situation is going to be difficult to fix.
Back to top Go down
Honey
LFU Member
LFU Member
Honey

Number of posts : 74
Favorite BB House Guest : Janelle, Howie, Dan, Keesha, Kaysar, & your mama
Registration date : 2008-09-23

'People Need to Help Each Other Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'People Need to Help Each Other   'People Need to Help Each Other Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:51 pm

Put the computer down, peeps. Do I need to refer you to "Dr. Drew's Sorta-Celebrity Rehab"???
Back to top Go down

'People Need to Help Each Other
Page 1 of 1