Live Feed Updates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Keep You Updated About Everything Big Brother 24/7!

“Dancing with the Stars” Recap Week 2: What Curse? Homeco10HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesMac RadioRegisterLog in

“Dancing with the Stars” Recap Week 2: What Curse?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peeps
LFU Addict
LFU Addict
peeps

Number of posts : 698
Favorite BB House Guest : Dan
Registration date : 2008-08-24

“Dancing with the Stars” Recap Week 2: What Curse? Empty
PostSubject: “Dancing with the Stars” Recap Week 2: What Curse?   “Dancing with the Stars” Recap Week 2: What Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 am

It’s March Madness, indeed! The dance floor delivered more drama in Week 2 with yet another dancer down. Steve-O was conspicuously missing from the lineup after landing himself in the ER two hours before show time.

The “Jackass” star has been coping with a back injury, which he exacerbated Monday during the dress rehearsal when he did a flip and “landed on his mic pack.” He was taken to the hospital “as a precaution” and “hopes to be back next week.” But will it matter? Find out what Steve-O’s no-show meant for Team Rebel…and their scores.

Holly Madison and Dmitry: Quick Step
During rehearsals we learn “Every day’s a Holly day.” (Is that why the “Girls Next Door” really broke up?) Holly is going for most improved, but her Playboy figure gets in the way. “Your bust is forward and your bum was out a bit,” said Len. Carrie Ann loves that Holly is so eager and willing…but then says Dmitry was “dragging you around like a doll.” Still, she has what they call “potential.”
Score: 18

David Alan Grier and Kym: Salsa
DAG gets props for calling out Bruno on his unintelligible comments from last week. Bruno proves to be a big baby about the joke, giving David a very succinct and curt review on his routine. But it was Len who dished out the worst insult: “Far too much Kym…It was all sizzle, no sausage.” He’s a better dancer than the scores reflect.
Score: 17

Denise Richards and Maks: Quick Step
Denise was able to shake her opening-week jitters and come out and redeem herself. Carrie Ann: “Much better, fantastic! You looked elegant.” Len: “Great improvement, you were together, well done.” Bruno: “Great leg action.” Bonus: Maks and Denise had much lighter rehearsal moments this week; how cute was it when Maks cooed, “Look at you, you’re becoming a little ballroom dancer, I’m so proud of you.”
Score: 21

Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan: Salsa
Belinda stepped it up for her salsa, “letting her hair down and shaking it out” according to Bruno. Len said she was fun and exuberant but lacked hip action. After telling her she was a fan, Carrie Ann said Belinda “lacked grace.”
Score: 18

Ty Murray and Chelsie: Quick Step
Most improved of the bunch and that’s no bull! Ty’s country quick step impressed the judges—“from a caterpillar to a butterfly” said Len. He even got props for his form; apparently bull riding’s upper arm strength is useful leading little ladies around the dance floor. And I like Ty’s humor…that fella’s growing on me: “My cha cha was more of a cha since I forgot half of it,” Ty said of his first dance. I’m surprised he did so well after last week’s debacle so, as long as Carrie Ann stops with the “Yee-haws,” Ty can stick around.
Score: 20

Shawn Johnson and Mark: Salsa
“Giggles” was adorable in her rehearsal package when Shawn said she “doesn’t know if she can shake her booty” and let loose to do the sexy moves required of the salsa. A 17-year-old who’s “too embarrassed” to act sexy? How refreshing! (Do you hear that, Miley Cyrus?) Bruno says she’s “one of the cutest little things I’ve ever seen” and I totally agree with him…until he says, “I want you to be naughty and flirtatious.” No, no Bruno don’t encourage the sluttiness!
Score: 24

Steve Wozniak and Karina: Quick Step
Wozzy Bear turned up all smiles and more pink feather boas despite a fractured foot, or as the doctor described it, “You’re crushing your foot.” Um, ouch? But “The Woz” danced on because he’s got spirit, darn it, and possibly because his ex Kathy Griffin was in the audience cheering him on. But he’s one of those fun-to-watch, needs-to-go-soon guys.
Score: 17

Chuck Wicks and Julianne: Salsa
The hottie couple had a cute segment where Chuck said this dancing stuff is way too embarrassing and he can’t get a handle on all the feminine moves. Julianne advises her boyfriend to move his hips like her brother Derek, to which Chuck jokes, “Walk like Derek…walk like a girl.” As for how the salsa turned out? Bruno: “What a wasted opportunity…she did all the work, in and out, in and out.” Um, what are YOU talking about, Bruno? Len clarified: “It was all Julianne, we want more from you.” At least Chuck gets props (from me) along with DAG for calling out Bruno: “We all know what Bruno wants.”

Lawrence Taylor and Edyta: Quick Step
After fumbling a bit in Week 1, Lawrence admitted he’s “competing against myself right now.” Carrie Ann said he was much better this week: “smooth, powerful, graceful.” Bruno noted that “the competitor came out in you and you performed.”

Steve-O and Lacey: Salsa
Steve-O was unable to perform and Lacey appeared solo. According to Bergeron and rules we never heard before, “the judges and viewers should place their votes based on his performance in dress rehearsal.” They played the video of the taped practice, which you could tell the couple wasn’t going full tilt with. Bruno said Steve-O has “an appealing streak of madness but this was like a series of unfortunate events that didn’t make sense.” What’s really a drag: the dance wasn’t even considered a salsa by the judges, so he got hurt for nothing.
Score: 14

Lil Kim and Derek: Quick Step
Lil Kim toned down last week’s “Nasty” side and played up the sophistication for a quick step that showed off her attention-getting skillz. Bruno: “You do bling well.” Carrie Ann: “You are some performer.” Len: “You’re not shy…and you’re not refined.” Ouch. It was praise overall though.
Score: 23

Melissa Rycroft and Tony: Salsa
From dumped to dazzling…“Finally, a real salsa!” Carrie Ann exclaimed of Melissa and Tony’s smoking’ hot number. “You had it all, that was slammin’!” Len admitted he “was gyrating on the seat. It was full-on–the salsa of the night.” Meanwhile, Bruno must be hungry: earlier he called Lil Kim “delicious” and now he says something about Melissa feeding juicy appetites that plays like food metaphor leftovers from last season’s Rocco DiSpirito.
Score: 26

Gilles Marini and Cheryl: Quick Step
Gilles proved he was no “one week wonder” with a Superman-themed quick step that once again swept everyone off their feet. Officially the frontrunner.
Score: Triple nines!

New twist: Tuesday night the bottom two couples will have a dance-off to see which one of them will go home.

Elimination Prediction: In a battle of the injured Steve’s, I gotta go with “The Woz.”

Leaderboard (Total Out of 60)

Gilles and Cheryl: 51
Melissa and Tony: 49
Shawn and Mark: 47
Lil Kim and Derek: 44
Chuck and Julianne: 40
Denise and Maks: 39
Holly and Dmitry: 36
David and Kym: 36
Lawrence and Edyta: 36
Belinda and Jonathan: 35
Ty and Chelsie: 34
Steve-O and Lacey: 31
Steve and Karina: 30
Back to top Go down

“Dancing with the Stars” Recap Week 2: What Curse?
Page 1 of 1