Live Feed Updates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Keep You Updated About Everything Big Brother 24/7!

season - dancing with the stars season 8 week 3 recap Homeco10HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesMac RadioRegisterLog in

dancing with the stars season 8 week 3 recap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peeps
LFU Addict
LFU Addict
peeps

Number of posts : 698
Favorite BB House Guest : Dan
Registration date : 2008-08-24

season - dancing with the stars season 8 week 3 recap Empty
PostSubject: dancing with the stars season 8 week 3 recap   season - dancing with the stars season 8 week 3 recap Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:00 pm

In Week 3 of “Dancing with the Injured Stars,” the dividing line between the goods and the not-so-greats widened as three celebs tied with triple nines, while one contestant hit a new low with the first threes given out (in maybe ever?).

Meanwhile, new dance pro (and Julianne Hough clone?) Chelsie Hightower takes a spill and rodeo guy Ty comes to her rescue.

Denise and Maks: The Samba
You know Denise’s fears are getting the better of her when even Maks in drag doesn’t loosen her up. “That was so flat and full of holes it was more a waffle than a samba,” said Bruno. What happened to the more confident Denise we saw last week?
Score: 16

Chuck and Julianne: The Fox Trot
Chuck is finally in the driver’s seat using a stick shift (uh, okay Bruno, if you say so….) Carrie Ann thinks Mr. Julianne is showing he’s a contender. Len seems ambivalent. Chuck and Julianne are still far from where she is used to being, but Chuck definitely stepped up his game this week. But they can skate by on just looking great for a bit longer.
Score: 23

Holly and Dmitry: The Samba
Holly pretty much got called out for being a fembot. Len compared the Playmate to a matchstick: “Hot on top, wooden at the bottom.” Bruno’s description made less sense: “So much display on the top shelf, but under it was the land of plenty…plenty to look at.” Carrie Ann summed it up: “Rough to watch.” And when Holly said partner Dmitry was probably wishing he had Jewel back…he didn’t exactly disagree.
Score: 17

Steve-O and Lacey: The Fox Trot
The injured Steve-O got the pity comments—Len said the “O” was for “ovation” even though there were a few moments where “he lost it.” Bruno: “started well and fell into pieces. It’s a shame.” Tactless Carrie Ann put it this way: “I respect you for what you did this week, sorry you had a rough night.”
Score: 15

Lawrence and Edyta: The Samba
LT says he’s given up a lot of golf time for this dancing business, but he seems dedicated to making some dance floor magic. Bruno advised LT “to have fun with it…you have rhythm; you shouldn’t doubt your abilities” while Carrie Ann admired his “newfound comfort and confidence.”
Score: 20

Programming note from Bergeron: “If they make it back next week, Edyta will wear the other half of this outfit.”

Shawn and Mark: The Fox Trot
“There is nothing smooth and elegant about Shawn Johnson”—says Shawn Johnson.
Well, Giggles, the judges beg to differ: “you were like dancing on ice,” “gliding around like a bejeweled hummingbird,” and “it was your best dance so far.”
Score: 27

Gilles and Cheryl: The Samba
These two continue to be red-hot… Bruno: “You came out like a throbbing red-hot poker…the samba is a party dance, and everybody would want to party with you.” Len: “You made a hard dance look easy.” Carrie Ann: “Boy, you bring out something in Cheryl, she was working it for you” and “you shook things I didn’t know guys could shake.”

David and Kym: The Fox Trot
DAG serves up a little less ham this week and gets “two snaps UP” from Carrie Ann, who said she “didn’t know you were like a Rockette.” Len: “best dance you’ve done.” Bruno said DAG took the fox trot to Broadway…”what a transformation.”
Score: 24

Steve and Karina: The Samba
The judges are clearly over “The Woz,” especially after he attempted “The Worm.” There is no worming in ballroom! Carrie Ann: “You are so cute…but at some point the novelty wears off.” Len: “You aren’t killing the dances, the dances are killing you.” Bruno: “Get on your knees and beg forgiveness. That was the worst samba I’ve ever seen.” You know it’s bad when even Bergeron throws in a “Brave dance!”

Steve, who’s now dancing with a pulled hamstring and a fractured foot, still managed to make some jokes, like how when you mix dancing with [Karina] Smirnoff, you end up in an ambulance.
Scores: 10

Melissa and Tony: The Fox Trot
Tony describes the fox trot poses as a martini glass and an olive, and it makes me think for a second that this is a dance I would be good at.

Bruno says Melissa is “easy to love” (um, Jason might disagree?), “music plays from your body” (huh?) and “you must have a seventh sense” (or in Bruno’s case, non-sense). Len: “overall…fantastic.” (Thanks for clarifying, Len!) Carrie Ann feels the need to say something negative but can’t really come up with anything other than “something’s lacking, I don’t know what, but this obviously comes easy to you, so you need to challenge yourself a bit more.”

Lil’ Kim and Derek: The Samba
Bruno calls the petite one a “pocket-sized Venus with super-size sex appeal” and said her samba “wasn’t perfect but you sold it to me.” Carrie Ann: “That was hot, you were going for it.” Len: “You must have a bionic booty.”
Score: 25

Ty and Chelsie: The Fox Trot
Ty continues to be fish-out-of-water adorable and make me laugh. When Chelsie tells Ty to “put on your cool face,” he says, “I’m no Robert de Niro.” Then when Chelsie fell during their routine, Ty pulled her up, spared further disaster and they still got a good score. Afterward Ty joked, “I was supposed to be the one to fall. We hadn’t practiced that one yet.” Carrie Ann gives him props for “most improved, by miles.” Len: “you’re a hero, you held up the pro.” Bruno then compliments Chelsie (to make her feel better about falling down) by saying, “she carved a mini Fred Astaire out of stiff wood.”
Score: 23

Elimination Prediction: The Woz, God bless him, needs to be eliminated before he does some permanent damage to himself!

Leaderboard

Melissa and Tony: 27
Gilles and Cheryl: 27
Shawn and Mark: 27
Lil’ Kim and Derek: 25
David and Kym: 24
Ty and Chelsie: 23
Chuck and Julianne: 23
Lawrence and Edyta: 20
Holly and Dmitry: 17
Denise and Maks: 16
Steve-O and Lacey: 15